Re: Intermittent No Audio

WillieB <will@...>

I wonder if the intermittent audio issue is only happening while bridging to a DMR ID, or does anyone else have this issue bridging to a DMR talk group as well?

-Will

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io [mailto:main@DVSwitch.groups.io] On Behalf Of WillieB
Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 9:31 PM
To: main@dvswitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Intermittent No Audio

Ok, I have some more info. I was just able to listen to a long net so I did a little more troubleshooting.

To be clear I'm using a DMR HT connected to the bridge, connected to AllStar node 45221.

When the issue is happening, one of 2 things happen. My hotspot transmits and shows my DMR ID the entire time, and it's either completely silent on the HT or there is a low audio digital type sound coming out of the DMR HT. It may happen in the middle of someone talking, or at the beginning. It's usually at the beginning though.

Also, I can hear the audio fine on Brandmeister hoseline. See below for a link to a video of the issue happening (with the low digital sound). The audio you will hear in the background is hoseline (My DMR ID) playing on a computer right next to me. All that's coming out of the HT is the digital signal you hear. When it drops and starts back talking then you can hear the audio fine out of the HT. And the next time it does it, it may be completely silent or may have the low audio digital signal again.

Seems to me it's between Brandmeister and my hotspot, but I'm not sure what triggers it. I guess it could be related to how the audio is converted, not sure. I don't have the same issues listening to other DMR TGs.

Hopefully that helps.

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 5:38 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Will,
Mike and I have been discussing where we think the issue might be. Don't reduce the minimum hang time or you will run into the BM "loop detector"
You mentioned that you are listening on a hot spot. Do you have the log for the time period that is the same as the other 2 logs you posted? When this happen, does your DMR radio still display the proper data while listening to silence?

Steve

On 06/05/2018 04:16 PM, WillieB wrote:

Any ideas on the intermittent audio issue? The only setting I see in Analog_Bridge.ini is below. Could changing this help at all?

minTxTimeMS = 2000                      ; Minimum time in MS for hang delay

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 2:14 PM, WillieB <will@...> wrote:

I’ve been busy but finally had a chance to catch it this morning. See attached logs. It happened right at the end of each log. I believe all the extended hang times at the end are related. It doesn’t seem to show much else but maybe that will give us some ideas…?

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io [mailto:main@DVSwitch.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve N4IRS
Sent: Saturday, June 2, 2018 6:59 AM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Intermittent No Audio

Will,
Since the data flows from ASL to MB through AB, it's good to tail both the AB and MB logs. You should see waht is happening in "real time"

Steve

On 06/01/2018 08:08 PM, WillieB wrote:

My bridge is working very well, however I do have one main problem.

Sometimes when one person stops talking and another person takes their turn, my hotspot transmits but there's no audio coming out. Then next time it drops and someone else starts talking I hear the audio. It may do this in about 1 out of 5 transmissions or so. It varies per person and AllStar node I'm connected to. I'm not sure if it's when they key up fast or what.

I can listen on the AllStar node and I hear the audio there, but not on DMR.

Anyone else having that problem? I was going to go check out the Analog_Bridge.ini file and see if there are any settings in there that might make sense changing but maybe someone can give me some ideas before I go poking around and changing things (after backing up the ini of course!).

I can also tail -f the 2 log files when it's happening and see if that gives me any clues to what might be going on.

-Will

KE4IAJ

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.