Re: DTMF

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

Isn’t there something already like this?  I used to do this all the time where if telemetry was done locally it would allow all telemetry to talk for about 5 minutes and then would silence until it was used locally again.

Corey

On Jun 8, 2018, at 10:37 AM, Jeff Lehman, KC8QCH <kc8qch@...> wrote:

DING DING DING….we have a winner. That is exactly where I was thinking my way towards….Setting up a bridge to a specific DMR ID and then using it as a way to control my node from.

Thanks Will and Steve. This all makes sense to me. I will play and see what results I have 😊

Jeff

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> On Behalf Of WillieB
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 10:34
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] DTMF

If you bridge to a DMR ID instead of a TG, then it shouldn’t matter at all whether you leave telemetry on or off. The only issue with it I’ve ran into, is if you are on a node with a lot of connecting/disconnecting then while it’s announcing you can’t transmit. You have to wait until it’s finished. It gets irritating fast lol…

Now what I would be interested in, is if we can get it to pass DTMF and leave telemetry on but only for our node. In other words I don’t want to hear when other nodes have disconnecting/connecting nodes.