Re: DMR to ASL audio level

Steve N4IRS

Funny you should ask. While trying to write the documentation for this we realized that the names and comments need fixing. For now, here is the info:

aslAudio = AUDIO_UNITY ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
agcGain = -20 ; Gain (in db) of the AGC filter
dmrAudio = AUDIO_UNITY ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
dmrGain = 0.35 ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

aslAudio is the level from DMR to ASL you can use the following:
AUDIO_UNITY No change in level from in to out
AUDIO_USE_GAIN Allow change in level up or down
agcGain is misleading, when used with AUDIO_USE_GAIN it is a number from 0.0 to 10.0 A number less then 1.0 is a reduction in level A number greater then 1 is a multiplier.
.75 is 75 percent of AUDIO_UNITY
5.0 is 5 times AUDIO_UNITY.

Steve

On 6/8/2018 2:49 PM, Greg Hovland wrote:
Thank you. One last question.
To adjust the DMR to ASL, can I use AUDIO_USE_GAIN? If so, which number would I adjust? I only see an option for agcGain. I need to increase my audio from DRM to AllStar.