Re: How to configure a ASL server

TG9AOR

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 07:48 pm, Steve N4IRS wrote:
José, The 1999 stanza is the private node that us used to connect Analog_Bridge to AllStarLink. It does not have to be 1999, nor for that matter does it have to be a private node. If for example you have a public node [2222] rxchannel = Radio/usb0 ; Assuming a radio connected via a USB radio interface
I requested and used my node for the echolink connection (48270), it works, it connects immediately upon starting the asterisk service.
And you have a echolink connection (echolink.conf) [el0] node = 3215555 ; The EL node number astnode = 2222 ; Connect EL to node 2222 When someone on EL connects to 3215555 they are on ASL 2222
My node is 540570(EL). Does my ASL Node accept connections from other ASL nodes? Will they in turn go out on my EL connection?

Now you want to ADD a node for Analog_Bridge. [1999] rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:34001:32001; GNU Radio interface USRP
This is under 48270(the [1999] rxchannel = USRP, and it is using the USRP channel driver. I set up 48270 as a hub(no radio)
Make sense?
I interpreted the 1999 is the ON/OFF switch that will allow DMR to enter the Allstar network or viceversa, and you activate it with the AllStar CLI.

Thanks.

This is the first draft of the ASL <-> DMR how to document.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit?usp=sharing>

73, Steve N4IRS

On 06/08/2018 10:06 PM, TG9AOR wrote:
Excellent document. Thank you so much. As you may or may not recall, I followed Kv4S's how to guide, it in turn made reference to another how to guide on setting up the allstar node. It differs somewhat when looking into the manual setup section.Now, considering that I have echolink connected on that allstar node, do I still need to insert the 1999 stanza into de rpt.conf?

73
--
José Roberto Ruíz García Salas