Re: Now What?

Ronald Foster

Well, I assume that no one has it programmed into their list of registered TG's. I also assume that the TG could be used for private groups, but I have no need for that one. Again, I'm assuming that would be possible.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...> wrote:
Why can’t anyone other than you use your dmr id as a talkgroup?

On Jun 14, 2018, at 11:52 AM, Ronald Foster <Rf37797@...> wrote:

This may sound a bit dumb, but now that I have my AllStar/DMR bridge up and working, I'm having trouble seeing the advantage of running the bridge.

Now, as originally configured, I am using my unregistered, personal DMR talk group that no one other than me can use. I link one of my Allstar nodes to the my 45176/1999 node and can use my DMR radio tuned to the TG associated to my BM repeater or my analog radio tuned to my Allstar simplex frequency and key-up my DMR radio. There is a lag between the two.

I have had a remote Allstar node link up to the 45176 node and I could use either radio to qso with this remote node, but I fail to see the advantage to do this.

If I could use different TG's without configuring the initial set-up it would be great, but I'm not aware of being able to do that in conjunction with the same BM repeater and TG selected on my DMR radio.

I'm sure I just don't have the insight at my ripe old age to see all the things that I'm missing out on using the DMR bridge, so please... someone enlighten me. I not too proud to be taught some new tricks!

Ron  K0AAJ