Re: Now What?

Ronald Foster

Just kiddin.... I asked for insight.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 11:16 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Ron,
It's fine. That's what this is all about. Discussion. I would not call this a can of worms at all.

Steve

On 6/14/2018 12:14 PM, Ronald Foster wrote:
Damn.... I didn't mean to open a can of worms! LOL!

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 11:12 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
This could open up the whole TG numbering discussion. Along with Dynamic vs Static TGs. Corey, take it away....

On 6/14/2018 12:06 PM, Corey Dean N3FE wrote:
Why can’t anyone other than you use your dmr id as a talkgroup?

On Jun 14, 2018, at 11:52 AM, Ronald Foster <Rf37797@...> wrote:

This may sound a bit dumb, but now that I have my AllStar/DMR bridge up and working, I'm having trouble seeing the advantage of running the bridge.

Now, as originally configured, I am using my unregistered, personal DMR talk group that no one other than me can use. I link one of my Allstar nodes to the my 45176/1999 node and can use my DMR radio tuned to the TG associated to my BM repeater or my analog radio tuned to my Allstar simplex frequency and key-up my DMR radio. There is a lag between the two.

I have had a remote Allstar node link up to the 45176 node and I could use either radio to qso with this remote node, but I fail to see the advantage to do this.

If I could use different TG's without configuring the initial set-up it would be great, but I'm not aware of being able to do that in conjunction with the same BM repeater and TG selected on my DMR radio.

I'm sure I just don't have the insight at my ripe old age to see all the things that I'm missing out on using the DMR bridge, so please... someone enlighten me. I not too proud to be taught some new tricks!

Ron  K0AAJ