Re: Random-ish audio artifacts

Mike KB8JNM

To be short and clear this is from the latest How2. And Steve shot me this when I had my issues.

What I found at the heart of my issue was that I assumed many things not described would not have a value and the problem with that is,
it's dead wrong. Some things have default values loaded when nothing has been described.
Not normally a issue if we were only using allstar nodes, you would not hear or effect anything.
But the usrp-analog-mmdvm is always "ON".
So start with this + your link to link / duplex etc
but if anything crates output on the dmr side, you will not realize what is happening but disruption tx on the dmr side. You can use BM's pipeline to monitor tx's by id and duration for some added insight. Set it for the TG you are working with in your connection.
Set logs to '5' and check files for added info.

; Radio Repeater configuration file (for use with app_rpt)

; Your Repeater

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[1999]

rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:34001:32001  ; Use the USRP channel driver. Must be enabled in modules.conf

; 127.0.0.1 = IP of the target application

; 34001 = UDP port the target application is listening on

; 32001 = UDP port ASL is listening on

duplex = 0                              ; 0 = Half duplex with no telemetry tones or hang time. Ah, but Allison STILL talks!

hangtime = 0                            ; squelch tail hang time 0

althangtime = 0                         ; longer squelch tail hang time 0

holdofftelem = 1                        ; Hold off all telemetry when signal is present on receiver or from connected nodes

; except when an ID needs to be done and there is a signal coming from a connected node.

telemdefault = 0                        ; 0 = telemetry output off. Don't send Allison to DMR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me.

telemdynamic = 0                        ; 0 = disallow users to change the local telemetry setting with a COP command,

linktolink = no                         ; disables forcing physical half-duplex operation of main repeater while

; still keeping half-duplex semantics (optional)

nounkeyct = 1                           ; Set to a 1 to eliminate courtesy tones and associated delays.

totime = 180000                         ; transmit time-out time (in ms) (optional, default 3 minutes 180000 ms)

idrecording = |ie                       ; id recording or morse string see http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/87

idtalkover = |ie                        ; Talkover ID (optional) default is none see http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/129

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.