Re: DMR to DSTAR

Steve N4IRS

Mike,
So D-Star -> DMR works.. For that to work we know that all of the programs involved are running. To trouble shoot the other direction, follow the data. Since the problem is DMR -> D-Star, start at the DMR connection. When you have inbound DMR traffic, do you see it while running MMDVM_Bridge in the foreground? If not stop, your fist problem is there. Once you see the traffic on MMDVM_Bridge, start Analog_bridge in the foreground. Do you see the traffic arrive at Analog_Bridge? If not stop, your problem is there. Make sure the DMR TX port is pointing at the Analog_Bridge RX port. (in the [AMBE_AUDIO] stanza) Follow the data one program at a time. You should see it every step of the way. Run everything in the foreground.

On 06/23/2018 12:22 PM, Mike Swiatkowski via Groups.Io wrote:
I tried with the apt-get and since I could not resolve the issues I tried with the github since that previously worked a while back.  The audio works from DSTAR-DMR but not the other way around.  Attached are the config files.  Do you see anything wrong?  I've been making so many changes over the last week trying to troubleshoot this that maybe I screwed something up.  I need another set of eyes to see it.

I tried to do it all from MMDVM but since that didn't work I tried dmrlink.  Same problem.  The repeater can connect to the host program (MMDVM or dmrlink) but it will not talk to analog bridge... at least I don't see traffic on the terminal window.  In these files I am using DMRlink for the DMR and MMDVM for the Dstar.  There are two instances of Analog_Bridge:  1 for DMR, 1 for DStar (with Dstar suffix).  Note, due to earlier problems, perhaps unrelated, I am not currently using DVSwitch/MMDVM for DMR.  I opted to use DMRlink.

I even tried the md380-emu in place of ttyUSB0 for the DMR side but that didn't change anything so I don't think it's a hardware issue.