Re: Bridging from MMDVM repeater to IPSC network

Rob WX1N

Ok, so it can tell what is connecting, similar to the Client/Package ID's? Is the difference in behavior between a DMRlink connection and a Motorola repeater connection specific to BM? What I'm getting at with that is, if I were to request and receive access to a c-Bridge, would it also behave differently for a DMRlink connection than it would for a Motorola repeater connection?

-----Original Message-----
From: DVSwitch@groups.io [mailto:DVSwitch@groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve N4IRS
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 12:05 PM
To: DVSwitch@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Bridging from MMDVM repeater to IPSC network

The connection from DMRlink to BM is as you say considered by BM as a SmartPTT connection. This does not happen on a connection from a Motorola Repeater. It's all about how BM treats a DMRLink connection.

On 6/23/2017 12:02 PM, Rob WX1N wrote:
Radio ID 313323, TS 1, TG 313324. Just to make sure I'm understanding this right - a valid IPSC connection to BM will pass absolutely nothing back and forth until it is preconfigured on the server end?

From: DVSwitch@groups.io [mailto:DVSwitch@groups.io] On Behalf Of
Steve N4IRS
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 12:00 PM

Let me be a little more clear. The connection from DMRlink to BM is as you say considered by BM as a SmartPTT connection. For a BM SmartPTT connection, a BM admin (I am one) has to configure the bridge in BM. I will need the following:
Radio_ID: in dmrlink.cfg
The TS and TG you want to bridge.

This can NOT be configured from a self care account.

On 6/23/2017 11:58 AM, Rob WX1N wrote:
Steve,
In the DMR link configuration, I'm signing in to 3102 as the repeater
ID, which has several static TG's preconfigured. I'm transmitting
using my personal ID, on one of the static TG's (although if I were
using a different TG, wouldn't it bring it up as a dynamic for a few
minutes?)

From: DVSwitch@groups.io [mailto:DVSwitch@groups.io] On Behalf Of
Steve N4IRS
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 11:55 AM

Rob,
Is 3102 setup to bridge the TG you are trying from the Radio ID you are presenting to BM?

On 6/23/2017 11:53 AM, Rob WX1N wrote:
Good morning,

I'm hoping for some basic info if one of you has the time to point me in the right direction. I know this is still a work in progress and I don't want to interfere with that, so if this isn't a quick answer, then please disregard.

I'm playing around with the new Bridge branches of HBlink and DMRlink. I wanted to see if I could successfully connect an MMDVM repeater to an IPSC network. I set it up as follows: MMDVM set to connect to local instance of HBlink (successful). HBlink configuration as a master to allow MMDVM to connect. Run MMDVMHost, run HB_Bridge.py. DMRlink configured as a peer to connect to the IPSC connection of 3102. Run IPSC_Bridge.py.
Results - MMDVM connects to HBlink and transmissions show in both HB_Bridge and IPSC_Bridge terminal windows, however, the transmissions don't seem to be making it through to the network. I think I am connected to 3102, as the repeater shows up in the 3102 status page (albeit as a SmartPTT network).

Does anyone have a guess as to where I'm going wrong?

Rob, WX1N

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.