Parrot with hb_confbridge.py

Jay Campbell KB9YYN

Hi all,

I've set up a master, MASTER-1, using hb_confbridge.py and its working great.  All clients can connect to the master and all traffic is repeated to all of the clients.

I would like to add a parrot to this master that would be accessed via a rule using TS 2 and TGID 9999.  In order to do this I have created two different directories, one that runs hb_confbridge and one that runs hb_parrot.  My intent is to bridge to the PARROT master via CLIENT-1 when the bridge rule is met.

Problem:  Traffic is not being passed from MASTER-1 to the PARROT master using CLIENT-1 even though the rule seems to be bridging MASTER-1 to CLIENT-1 (as seen in the terminal window).  It appears that CLIENT-1 connects to PARROT during startup because I can see the exchange in the terminal.

Diredctory 1:  (/opt/hblink/)
This is the directory where I run hb_confbridge.py and use the following configurations.

hblink.cfg
[MASTER-1]
MODE: MASTER
ENABLED: True
REPEAT: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 54000
PASSPHRASE: s3cr37w0rd
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5

[CLIENT-1] MODE: CLIENT ENABLED: True LOOSE: False EXPORT_AMBE: False IP: 127.0.0.1 PORT: 6302 MASTER_IP: 127.0.0.1 MASTER_PORT: 62031
PASSPHRASE: s3cr37w0rd

hb_confbridge_rules.py
BRIDGES = {

    'hblink': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'MASTER-1',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9999, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'CLIENT-1',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9999, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
        ]
}

Diredctory 2:  (/opt/HBLink/)

This is the directory where I run hb_parrot.py and use the following configuration.

hblink.cfg
[PARROT]
MODE: MASTER
ENABLED: True
REPEAT: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:127.0.0.1
PORT: 62031
PASSPHRASE: s3cr37w0rd
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5

I am very new to this and don't even know if I am approaching this in a logical manner.  Can anyone find a flaw and point me in the right direction?

Thanks!