Re: Removing Validation from hblink.py master

Matthew 2E0SIP

To clarify, does this refer to removing the validation for the source "RADIO_ID" sent in a frame from client -> master?

If yes, I gave this some thought a while ago, and the conclusion I came to was the source validation doesn't need to be removed parse, but instead performed on the Source IP and Port rather than the Radio ID.

So instead of having a dictionary of RADIO_ID keys and their associated parameters and states, you have a dictionary of sockets. You should never have more than one client connecting from the same combination of port and IP address, so I think this should work.

I didn't get around to implementing this, so I could well be missing something.... Also, if hblink.py is adjusted to re-write the RADIO_ID to itself when sending to a master, the above is a moot point.

Thanks all
Matthew