Re: Analog_Bridge for the Raspberry Pi

Steve N4IRS

Edited

I have replaced Analog_Bridge in the Analog_Bridge repository on GitHub  Mike has uploaded the new version of the confidence test for DV3000 (AMBEtest4.py).
This new version of confidence test is significantly more complete. The number and complexity of the testing has improved and even more will be added.
Support for testing a remote AMBEserver has been added. DO NOT run on the same machine as AMBEserver. AMBEtest4.py -i 192.168..1.10
If your DV3000 FAILS the tests, you can be confident that Analog_Bridge will not work properly. If the DV3000 passes, you might have a shot.

The options are: vens
v == verbose test is normally silent.
e == stop on errors
n == use 460800 for baud rate (Newer DV3000u)
s == serial port
i == address of AMBEserver if that's what you are testing

AMBEtest4.py -v -e -n -s /dev/ttyUSB0
AMBEtest4.py -v -e -i 192.168.1.1

What I am finding is that power is the MOST critical issue. To force errors, I am using a 1.35A power supply. Even adding a USB extension cable or thick cable affects results.
It LOOKS like the DV3000 resets when sent a frame to decode or encode if there is a problem.