Re: Removing Validation from hblink.py master

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

Ok, I’m going to admit to having not looked at any of this for a long time. I've found a few discrepancies in what I’ve done over time

I have a question that needs answered by the stewards of HB Protocol:

Should the “repeater_id” field (bytes 11-14 of the DMRD), when a master is sending to a client, be the radio ID of the client, or the radio ID of the originating repeater? I’ve sorta treated it both ways and don’t apparently know the real answer.

What is that field really about? And is it the same in either direction? (client -> master and master -> client).

With that answered I can clean up this entire mess once and for all. I asked G4KLX a question about HBP once and the answer I got was read the (completely un-commended C++) source code of MMDVM and figure it out… Not helpful. Brandmeister does not approve of or want HBlink talking to their system… so not a good move either. Maybe the DMR+ guys are more help, but I don’t know them. Maybe one of you who is friendlier with BM or Jonathan can get us an answer?

On Jul 28, 2018, at 4:15 PM, Matthew 2E0SIP <groups.io@...> wrote:

Hi Cort,

Understood on the muddling of OSI layers - I get where you're coming from.

I think the easiest work around in that case is an option to rewrite the RADIO_ID for frames being sent to a Master to hblink's own Client RADIO_ID, as you suggested.

Cheers

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501