HBlink "socket_address" Branch

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

I NEED TESTERS FOR THE “socket_address” BRANCH OF HBLINK

This is only applicable to those using hblink.py by itself, hb_confbridge.py and hb_bridge_all.py. I also ask that testers be folks who can successfully set up these programs on their own without help – that is to say, those of you who have UNIX cli, can generally read python error messages, and understand what I need to diagnose an errors.

I would like this branch to merge to the master BEFORE the next steps, because up to this point, I’ve mad a number of changes that make HBlink better, but does not yet change peer validation to use socket address instead of DMR ID.

I probably pushed way too many changes before more testing. The fact of the matter is, I now have way too much going on here to maintain a comprehensive test environment. I will need your help to run this as DevOps in order to catch issues. If you find a bug and can offer a fix, but are not comfortable using GitHub, please just send me before/after snippets with line numbers.

Please let me know if you’re going to test so I have some idea who’s brave enough to ride along. Also, this message is cross-posted to both the main and hblink sub-groups in DVSWitch. Let’s keep the discussion related to this on the HBlink sub-group to keep the noise down here.

FROM THE COMMIT MESSAGE:

0) CONFIGURATION FILES WILL NEED UPDATED TO CHANGE NAMING
CONFIGURATIONS!

1) Updated use of socket address instead of discrete IP/port. This will
be needed for socket address based validation and is faster… duh…
should have done this in the beginning.

2) Changed all references to “clients” as HBP systems to “peers”. This
sets the stage for having a peer_id and an originator_id for DMRD
packets.

3) Found and squashed a number of other random bugs, including the
registration ACL not working in confbridge or bridge_all.

4) router is now retired. confbridge is the future.

0x49 DE N0MJS

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206