Re: Allstar & DMR | piping audio from talkgroup into USB soundcard

Lou Michaels

I'll get you this output shortly

On Sun, Sep 9, 2018, 8:45 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Lou,
Can you paste the output of aplay -l

Steve

On 09/09/2018 05:50 PM, Lou Michaels wrote:
Greetings,

I'm setting up an allstar node to bridge my DMR talkgroup for my local simplex group using a RaspPi.

It appears I got just about everything working and connected with my node. I can send commands and even a 1khz test tone into the talkgroup, which I hear on the DMR radios. So that bit is working; yet the purpose was to have the allstar/RaspPI key one of my radios and go out on analog 2m.

My radio is a FT857D and the interface is a SignalinkUSB. I am able to get the Signalink to PPT via VOX if I play audio on the RaspberryPi, but can't seem to bring audio in from the DMR talkgroup to PPT the Signallink.

I suspect the issue is specifying the audio I/O in Analog_Bridge.ini.

Below is an lsusb output as well as the Audio Device section of Analog_Bridge

https://pastebin.com/HVK7uiRU

I'm a little turned around by this, as I am not sure how to specify the audio IO source; 1. capture the DMR audio and pipe to USB/PCM audio interface into the SignalinkUSB.

I know the comment block says "not normally needed in gateway service" ...so am I on the right track or should I be using chan_usbradio or chan_simpleusb?

I've been trying different configurations and modules, but not having any luck.

Any ideas how I might get this done?

Thanks in advance.

-Lou