Re: Newbie Problem

Steve N4IRS

"I have my Allstar node setup with everything and can hear myself great on hoseline. My problem is that when someone tries to connect to me on DMR I get a kerchunk and no audio. When I monitor hoseline I hear garbled audio. Any ideas what I have done wrong? I tried changing the talk group number and got the same thing. "

I read this as the following:
"can hear myself great on hoseline" This means to me ASL -> DMR is working fine. Encode is working.
"My problem is that when someone tries to connect to me on DMR I get a kerchunk and no audio." May be audio level of DMR -> ASL . May be a decode problem.
"When I monitor hoseline I hear garbled audio." Who is transmitting (ASL or DMR) when you hear garbled audio on hoseline?

Things to check / report:
Analog_Bridge.ini
[GENERAL]
logLevel = 2                                                  ; Show messages and above 0=No logging, 1=Debug, 2=Message, 3=Info, 4=Warning, 5=Error, 6=Fatal

decoderFallBack = true                              ; Allow software AMBE decoding if a hardware decoder is not found
useEmulator = true                                    ; Use the MD380 AMBE emulator
emulatorAddress = 127.0.0.1:2470        ; IP address and port of the server

If useEmulator is not set true (and you are using decoderFallBack) thne you are using the built in OP25 Vocoder in Analog_Bridge, not the emulator.

If possible, please post the log output of Analog_Bridge when you are receiving DMR from BM.

Steve N4IRS

On 10/17/2018 8:33 AM, AA4II wrote:
That is a valid point. I should have provided more information. I have ALS running on a PC along with DMR_ Bridge, MMDVM_Bridge, and MD380emu.

My settings are

USRP]
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
agcGain = 5
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
dmrGain = .3

I tried changing to AUDIO_UNITY and that made no difference.

Thanks
AA4II

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018, 4:45 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
It would be nice to know what hardware / software you are running. RPi? VM? Emulator? DV3000?

Check this in Analog_Bridge.ini

USRP]
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
agcGain = 1.0
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
dmrGain = 1.0

If you need to adjust the DMR -> ASL audio, change:
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN

agcGain = 1.0
This should be the same level as unity

agcGain = 2.0
This should be twice as loud as unity

agcGain = 0.5
This should be half as loud as unity

If you need to adjust the ASL -> DMR audio, change:
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN

dmrGain = 1.0
This should be the same level as unity

dmrGain = 2.0