Re: Newbie Problem

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

THat is what I am asking.  What about the id you are using to connect to 3108 so I can look in the logs.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 9:23 AM AA4II <aa4ii@...> wrote:
Sorry I am new at this and don't understand your question. I have it set to go through Atlanta 3108 if that is what you mean.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 8:22 AM Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...> wrote:
Yes I see that.  I just verified that as well as your account creation on 10/10/18.

What master are you connected to that you are having a problem?

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 9:19 AM AA4II <aa4ii@...> wrote:
I am using repeater ID 310286 which is registered to me.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 8:07 AM Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...> wrote:
I would like to take this a little off topic and am going to put on my BM admin hat for this...

Please don't just pick a talkgroup and start using it.  In the last two days I have blocked 5 allstar/dmr cross bridges because they are just using whatever talkgroup they wish.  Three of them decided they would use talk groups in other countries and not in the US and had 2 complaints from other admins in other countries about this.  The other two were people that chose to use talkgroups that were either assigned to someone else or was just getting issued and hadn't been labeled yet.  If you need a talkgroup then request them just like everyone else.  You will be put through a 60 day trial period.

PLEASE use your personal DMR ID or a repeater ID you own as a talkgroup!!!

Corey  N3FE

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 8:59 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
"I have my Allstar node setup with everything and can hear myself great on hoseline. My problem is that when someone tries to connect to me on DMR I get a kerchunk and no audio. When I monitor hoseline I hear garbled audio. Any ideas what I have done wrong? I tried changing the talk group number and got the same thing. "

I read this as the following:
"can hear myself great on hoseline" This means to me ASL -> DMR is working fine. Encode is working.
"My problem is that when someone tries to connect to me on DMR I get a kerchunk and no audio." May be audio level of DMR -> ASL . May be a decode problem.
"When I monitor hoseline I hear garbled audio." Who is transmitting (ASL or DMR) when you hear garbled audio on hoseline?

Things to check / report:
Analog_Bridge.ini
[GENERAL]
logLevel = 2                                                  ; Show messages and above 0=No logging, 1=Debug, 2=Message, 3=Info, 4=Warning, 5=Error, 6=Fatal

decoderFallBack = true                              ; Allow software AMBE decoding if a hardware decoder is not found
useEmulator = true                                    ; Use the MD380 AMBE emulator
emulatorAddress = 127.0.0.1:2470        ; IP address and port of the server

If useEmulator is not set true (and you are using decoderFallBack) thne you are using the built in OP25 Vocoder in Analog_Bridge, not the emulator.

If possible, please post the log output of Analog_Bridge when you are receiving DMR from BM.

Steve N4IRS

On 10/17/2018 8:33 AM, AA4II wrote:
That is a valid point. I should have provided more information. I have ALS running on a PC along with DMR_ Bridge, MMDVM_Bridge, and MD380emu.

My settings are

USRP]
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
agcGain = 5
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
dmrGain = .3

I tried changing to AUDIO_UNITY and that made no difference.

Thanks
AA4II

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018, 4:45 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
It would be nice to know what hardware / software you are running. RPi? VM? Emulator? DV3000?

Check this in Analog_Bridge.ini

USRP]
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
agcGain = 1.0
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
dmrGain = 1.0

If you need to adjust the DMR -> ASL audio, change:
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN

agcGain = 1.0
This should be the same level as unity

agcGain = 2.0
This should be twice as loud as unity

agcGain = 0.5
This should be half as loud as unity

If you need to adjust the ASL -> DMR audio, change:
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN

dmrGain = 1.0
This should be the same level as unity

dmrGain = 2.0