Parrot and master - bridging using hb_confbridge

Rob MW0CQU

Hi All,

Moving forward with just enough knowledge to be dangerous.

On the test bench I now have a working master server with a repeater that attaches, listening on 54000

I also now have a working parrot-master which - if I bind it to 54000, it echoes everything on the repeater.

The last link in the chain is (If I understand the process correctly?) Is to confbridge the two masters together ?

and this is where I'm coming unstuck.

In MASTER hblink.cfg I have one master (MASTER-1) bound to 54000 and one peer PARROT

in PARROT hblink.cfg (different folder) I have one master bound to 54001

I try to bridge these in hb_confbridge.py with the following bridge statement

BRIDGES = {

    'PARROT': [

            {'SYSTEM': 'MASTER-1',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 2,    'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'ON',  'ON': [2,], 'OFF': [9,10], 'RESET': []},

            {'SYSTEM': 'PARROT',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 2, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'ON',  'ON': [2,], 'OFF': [9,10], 'RESET': []},

        ]

}

When I run Im getting an authentication failure for parrot on master
Ive checked the passphrase on both (infact I copy/pasted between the two shell windows to make sure there were no typos
I've fixed the logging config bug where both tried to bind to 4321

but this last config of the two hblink.cfg files is not gelling in my brain

My goal for this stage is to simply get TG2, Slot 2 as a parrot with TG 1 on slot 1 as a standard talkthrough

1) Is my approach correct please ?
2) Obviously I need:
       a MASTER-1 stanza in the MASTER hblink.conf
       a PARROT Master in the PARROT hblink.conf
  but do I need to define , in each hblink.cfg, a reciprocal peer please ?

Im looking for the high level description of what peer/master/client definitions should go where - I can figure out the minutae as
long as I'm barking up the right tree.
MTIA & 73

Rob