Re: ASL to DMR Bridge...audio quality

Steve N4IRS

Have toy listened to the analog audio on another analog node or IAXRPT etc?
You can control the audio levels in Analog_bridge.ini In the [USRP] stanza,setting aslAudio and dmrAudio to AUDIO_UNITY will keep provide no gain or reduction.

If you need to adjust the DMR -> ASL audio, change:
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN

agcGain = 1.0
This should be the same level as AUDIO_UNITY

agcGain = 2.0
This should be twice as loud as AUDIO_UNITY

agcGain = 0.5
This should be half as loud as
AUDIO_UNITY

If you need to adjust the ASL -> DMR audio, change:
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN

dmrGain = 1.0
This should be the same level as AUDIO_UNITY

dmrGain = 2.0
This should be twice as loud as AUDIO_UNITY

dmrGain = 0.5
This should be half as loud as AUDIO_UNITY

On 11/16/18 4:42 PM, Neil k8it wrote:
running half duplex no emphasis using default settings for node 1999 but I have tunned my private  node which I can make public if needed.. I also can provide ssh login if needed off list
what audio params should I play with, and is the best way to do it.
currently on t/g 3126

Thanks
73 Neil Sablatzky  K8IT
Allstar Node 41838 KITLINK

Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] ASL to DMR Bridge...audiuo quality

How are you connected to the receiver? Pre-emphasised or de-emphasised? Are you running simplex or duplex? If duplex how does the audio sound out the analog transmitter? If simplex, is it a public node that can connect to another node for a audio report?
If all that is good, look at your audio levels from analog to digital.

Steve N4IRS

On 11/16/18 4:02 PM, Neil k8it wrote:
I got the analog bridge to work now. I am now trying to improve the audio quality of the audio sent to DMR.
I correctly am using USBRADIO for my private Allstar node with audio that sounds very compressed.
Would I be better off to switch to SIMPLEUSB?
Is there any tricks to getting more audio bandwidth?

Thanks
73 Neil Sablatzky  K8IT
Allstar Node 41838 KITLINK