Re: Using an SDR as a source for analog_bridge

Stephen Brown - K1LNX

Thanks Steve....that gives us a starting point at least :) I can probably set the RX variable for this application so I'll definitely look into it.

73
Stephen

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018, 19:08 Steve N4IRS <szingman@... wrote:
Stephen,
I can see using a python script to take the audio from rtl_fm and send it via USRP to Analog_Bridge. Now the bad news, how to detect and tell the script that there is a signal (COR)

Steve N4IRS

On 11/17/18 7:00 PM, Stephen Brown - K1LNX wrote:
Hi guys,
    I have a friend of mine that wants a RX only application to feed into a DMR talkgroup. He wants to take the output of analog UHF machine and transcode it to DMR.

Is it possible to feed analog_bridge audio directly, or use an SDR's output to feed into the USRP channel driver if app_rpt must be used?

I'm sure there's a method, but before we went too deep down the rabbit hole wondered if anyone else has attempted and/or is currently using it.

73
Stephen
K1LNX