Re: Bridging to other modes and networks. (BrandMeister, D-Star, etc) #best_practices

KB5PBM

Well on the allstar side ulaw codec is probably your best bet to use.  Since you really cant control that across the network makes it hard.  Another issue is when a station on the analog side starts to get white noise it sounds really bad on the conversion to dmr codec.  I have 4 nodes from allstar on my small network and I keep them private due to the codec and noise issue and the other big killer is delay.  Adding the delay makes it difficult and the conversation goes south.  In my opinion if all networks are aware and ok with it then do it.  But if not keep it private.