Re: Is this even possible?

Peter M0NWI

Hi Cort,

Fully understand, and wasn't pushing, just wondering around OpenBridge as a philosophy, but checking the code, it seems that its only implemented in the big networks on slot 1.  In the UK we do international/national on S1 and regional on S2, so it probably won't make difference to my current design.

Can I ask if you or any of the others do anything with DMR data, I've been asked about routing GPS, and although I've done some tests with a Moto into bridge.py,on DMRkink with rules for private data, it doesn't seem to route the traffic.  I maybe doing something wrong, or that its not been fully implemented. I'm trying to route this up stream to a DMR+ IPSC2, who do push on these private TG5057 messages to APRS.fi

As I understand it, your radio when configured for GPS, sends the data as a private call to 5057 on whatever routed TG your using.  Again, I'm not sure if private calls are supported either.

Any pointers, or just info as to whether its worth continuing testing would be useful.

Thanks
Peter

Sent from Outlook
From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io <n0mjs@...>
Sent: 27 November 2018 00:30:46
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Is this even possible?

To make DMRlink use OpenBridge requires all of the same internals as IPSC_Bridge.py and HB_Bridge.py. OpenBridge is based on the Home-brew Repeater Protocol. It was reasonable to incorporate it into HBlink because of that.

DMRlink is probably going to be #2 now. I just did a LOT of work with HBlink… I can trickle those changes into DMRlink over time, but like all of you, I’m also running a pretty sizable repeater network too. So just remember, I’m doing that AND trying to write the software. So go easy on me guys :)

On Nov 26, 2018, at 5:32 PM, Peter M0NWI <peter-martin@...> wrote:

Hi Cort,

Reference the below, can I ask is OpenBridge not compatible with DMRlink, or just that you've made the decision to not implement?

As you know I've always kept DMRlink as the core routing for the network, linking out using IPSCBridge / HBlink as needed to bring in the odd MMDVM box, and its served me well, as the bulk of my connections are moto IPSC.

I see OpenBridge as a super way to link networks, and would like to try this, at present I have one link per repeater upstream, and bridge the traffic, so OpenBridge would be a good win.

So I'm contemplating, do I move to HBLink as the centre, and use IPSCBridge for the motos to gain the benefits?

Regards
Peter

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.