Re: P25 -> MMDVM_Bridge question

Steve N4IRS

OK,
So it can look like this:
MMDVM_Host <-> P25Gateway(1) <-> P25Reflector <-> P25Gateway(2) <-> MMDVM_Bridge(a) <-> Analog_Bridge(1) <-> Analog_Bridge(2) <-> MMDVM_Bridge(b) <-> BrandMeister

You will need 2 copies of P25Gateway. Since you can not reuse the same ports, you will need to change the ports used for P25Gateway(2) <-> MMDVM_Bridge
You can use a singe copy of MMDVM_Bridge. MMDVM_Bridge(a) would be the P25 connection and MMDVM_Bridge(b) would be the DMR connection.
You will need 2 copies of Analog_Bridge. Analog_Bridge(1) would be configured for P25 and Analog_Bridge(2) would be configured for DMR. The connection between the 2 copies of Analog_Bridge would be cross connected via the [USRP] stanza.

It might be easier to build from BrandMeister towards the P25Reflector. Run each program in the foreground and watch the data flow. When a section works, move on to the next section.

Steve N4IRS

On 12/2/18 7:05 PM, Rob WX1N wrote:
Hi Steve,

My end goal is to bridge an MMDVM P25 repeater to a BrandMeister DMR talkgroup.

I was trying to set up the P25->MMDVM_Bridge side of the equation with P25Reflector as the info I came across while searching showed this connection path.

Rob