From: DVSwitch@groups.io <DVSwitch@groups.io> on behalf of Matthew 2E0SIP <groups.io@...>
Sent: 30 June 2017 10:55
To: DVSwitch@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] ACL in routing apps

How would you signal it to re-read it? Network socket? Signal to the process?
My personal suggestion would be to explore using a distributed distributed hash table such as memcached or REDIS, so external processes can add/remove the ACLs when required.

A distributed 'database' could also be used in future for ensuring redundancy (Two HB Link servers, with shared states),  'switching' private calls (I.E which DMR ID is behind which HB/IPSC client for efficient routing of calls), and also aid with building a user interface similar to the BM dashboard where a user can assign and unassign talk groups

Maybe I'm getting carried away...