Re: AllStarLink/ASL-Install

Mike KB8JNM

Very good Stephen,

I should have taken my time and looked at it all and not looked for the short answer.

As I said, I don't use the asl-menu,

but I guess I should find out why it's not  in /usr/loacal/sbin or /usr/sbin/  on my Pi when I get a chance.

The best fix would be to come back at this with a new instance of putty and just run the commands from there.

Makes little sense to run the menu to run a command. But, No harm.

...mike/kb8jnm

On 12/12/2018 10:05 AM, Stephen Miller wrote:
Mike,

The $ASTERISK is a variable set earlier in the script, on line 68. The do_asterisk_cli takes that variable and makes it into a full line that the shell expects. The variable in this case allows for the asterisk executable to be placed anywhere on the system, and each time the variable is called the shell will replace the variable name with the actual value. Since the asterisk program is called in many functions in the script, creating a variable makes it easier to change one line rather than many in the script, in case the location of the program changes.

So line 68 creates the variable:

ASTERISK=/usr/sbin/asterisk

which turns $ASTERISK -rvvv into

/usr/sbin/asterisk -rvvv

in do_asterisk_cli

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 9:57 AM Mike KB8JNM <groupio@...> wrote:

Funny,

I went looking at my install. I don't use the asl-menu, but it is not installed on my Pi.

So, I went to the PC and took a look at the asl-menu shell script.

5 is the menu item for ast cmd line

do_asl_cli() {
echo "do_asl_cli" >> $logfile
clear
$ASTERISK -rvvv        <--------------------------------
}

This needs to be changed to lower case.

$asterisk -rvvv

...mike/kb8jnm

On 12/12/2018 6:25 AM, ea3eiz@... wrote:
I am using a raspberry pi B + with the raspbian Stretch installed.
if I throw the command like:
asl-menu (error5)
sudo asl.menu (error5)

--