Re: AllStarLink/ASL-Install

Pierre Martel

You are right, he is pulling a specific design. The center part of his design is ASL, and it is the most complicated part to run, when ASL run in a stable way. then he should build on that..

fixing ASL need some pretty specific know how. and if he updated the kernels he will have some problem as the latest kernel dont have the needed module to run ASL without some addon. recompilation of the kernels and so on...

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Le mer. 12 déc. 2018 à 14:21, Stephen Miller <smiller@...> a écrit :
It looks like Manuel is making a system of his own design, including all the digital and analog networking systems into one device. While his implementation is a custom one, a lot of the ideas are solid and should be compatible. The install of ASL onto the Pi with other software shouldn't be an issue, just need to be aware that a custom setup like that will have some issues that will need to be worked out before moving the system from alpha to a beta.

Putting the kernel headers on hold might be a little late for that, since the kernel version that was on the Pi was one that looked newer, I think. The DKMS build flashed by faster than I would have liked. Which kernel runs on the Pi image?