Re: AllStarLink/ASL-Install

Steve KC1AWV

Ok, I understand a whole lot more now. I appreciate the insight!

I would like to read your instructions about app_rpt, and continue the "learn by doing" approach to further help others. My experience with asterisk so far has been with corporate phone switching, and I felt that ASL would be an easy pickup...

So, if I read you right, manually compiling the dahdi module, modprobe, and check if it's loaded should help bring asterisk up for Manuel? If I don't have the chance to get to his machine again, I'll try it at home and see if I can type up a block of commands that he can try.

Thanks!

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 11:58 PM JJ Cummings <cummingsj@...> wrote:
That’s what I’m talking about when I reference “unless you are using a URI” in terms of sound “modules” which is just OSS that was deprecated long ago (over 10 years), was marked broken early this year, and has to do with hardware level access to the URI.  If you are not interfacing to a radio then there is no need to hold the Kernel back at all.  Even if there is a need for a URI you can still use ALSA and emulate OSS which I am doing and it works very well... if interested you can look for my instructions on app_rpt.

Maybe I missed part of the thread, I’ll read back through...

Sent from the iRoad

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV