Re: A newbei Question about NXDN <--> DMR

Serdar ULUKONAKCI

Hi Steve,
Thank you very much.
Best Regards,
Serdar

On 20.12.2018 02:18, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Serdar,
You used all the right words and you have the concepts correct. The problem is the Kenwood networking protocol. It is a closed system and I see no way to gain access. The only way would be to reverse engineer the protocol and that would take time and equipment.

Steve

On 12/19/18 6:11 PM, Serdar ULUKONAKCI wrote:
Hi Steve,
Thank you very much for your reply and guidance. Maybe, "BRIDGE" is the wrong terminology, I don't know. I readĀ  about "REFLECTORS". Running a reflector for NXDN can be a solution?
Sorry as I wrote before, this is my first steps into the interconnection world so I may have useĀ  some keywords incorrectly.
Best Regards,
Serdar
On 20.12.2018 02:03, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Serdar,
Unfortunately you will not be able to bridge to the NXR710. The networking of the Kenwood repeater is not open and to be honest, there is not enough demand to warrant the expense and work to reverse engineer the protocol they use.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 12/19/18 5:01 PM, Serdar ULUKONAKCI wrote:
Hi All,
This is my first post and first steps in the world of interconnection between digital networks so my question may be silly but your help will be appreciated.
Our amateur radio club is running two NXDN (Kenwood NXR710) and one DMR (Hytera RD985) repeaters. BTW, Hytera RD985 repeater is connected to BM network. All of these repeaters are are in same IP network and same subnet. We want to create a bridge (sorry I don't know exact terminology) between DMR and NXDN world. Our members want to use their NXDN handhelds for communicate with DMR network and vice versa.
I hope that, I can explain current situation.
What software should we use?
What is the required hardware?
Your help will be appreciated.
73!