Re: Setting up DMRLink <-> KBLink #best_practices #dmrlink #hblink

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

I STRONGLY recommend that if you need to update outside of what your distribution package maintainer uses that you use a python virtualenv (virtual environment). And this stuff is getting way outside of what I’m comfortable providing support on really quickly.

On Jan 2, 2019, at 1:11 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Cort know much more about python then I do but I did find this:
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49836676/error-after-upgrading-pip-cannot-import-name-main>
See number 402 and also <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/5221>

On 1/2/2019 2:05 PM, Jason Johnston wrote:
Here is a cat cmd from the file referenced in the error"

#!/usr/bin/python
# GENERATED BY DEBIAN

import sys

# Run the main entry point, similarly to how setuptools does it, but because
# we didn't install the actual entry point from setup.py, don't use the
# pkg_resources API.
from pip import main
if __name__ == '__main__':
    sys.exit(main())