Re: Setting up DMRLink <-> KBLink #best_practices #dmrlink #hblink

Jason Johnston

Just for the heck of it, I tried uninstalling python-dev, python-pip and python-twisted, then rebooted and installed everything again.  Upon running the "pip" commands below:
pip install bitstring
pip install bitarray

I get these errors:

root@josephus:~# pip install bitstring
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): bitstring in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 18.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
root@josephus:~# pip install bitarray
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): bitarray in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 18.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
If I am going to reinstall the OS, which I have no problem with, then what is to prevent this error next time?  What am I missing here?