Re: Setting up DMRLink <-> KBLink #best_practices #dmrlink #hblink

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

I run it on ubuntu in production 16.04LTS

On Jan 2, 2019, at 5:01 PM, Jason Johnston <kc5hwb@...> wrote:

I take no offense to your statements.  I've found this forum/email list to be quite responsive to questions, both today and in the past, when I ask them.  I know you are trying to help, and it seems to be a learning process for both of us.

Given these facts, I am going to try another OS.  My original question (from about a year ago) was... will it work with Ubuntu?  Since both the software and Ubuntu itself are Debian based, logically it should work.  But I haven't ever actually found anyone who has tried it, and even though you say that the software you wrote is independent of any specific Linux flavor, it seems that, since the issues I am currently facing, align with Python problems...and you apparently haven't seen these issues before, then I suspect the issue is with Ubuntu itself, even though you claim the software to be agnostic.  It seems like if that were true, then you wouldn't be so dependent on python or specific versions, whatever the case may be.  I am not saying you are wrong, I am just trying to think through this.

So I will simply download and install the true Debian OS that was originally suggested in the instructions.  I would still like to know when in this process, following Steve's steps to install from Reply #2727 in this post, I should install the dependencies.  At what point in time should these steps be followed, and are they up-to-date?

apt-get install python-dev -y

apt-get install python-pip -y
apt-get install python-twisted -y
pip install bitstring