Re: Setting up DMRLink <-> KBLink #best_practices #dmrlink #hblink

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

I suspect something went sideways with the disto’s install of python somewhere. That can happen sometimes if you pip install or pip upgrade something (or something like a shell script does it for you) and then you let the distro do updates and it updates pieces that are incompatible. That sounds like BS, but again, I’m a user of python, not a developer of it – and certainly not a linux distro packager.

I think I have an ubuntu 16.04LTS VM template kicking around. Let me run a fresh install and see if anything breaks. It takes me about 5 minutes to go from bare install to working HBlink. I’ll get back with you later tonight.

On Jan 2, 2019, at 5:08 PM, Jason Johnston <kc5hwb@...> wrote:

OK then I really don't understand why my python install, which was done with steps gathered from this forum, is so much different than what you are working with.

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501