Re: Setting up DMRLink <-> KBLink #best_practices #dmrlink #hblink

Steve N4IRS

I probably should have used mkdir -p but it's a good bet that /var/log already exists.

On 1/3/19 10:02 PM, Mike KB8JNM wrote:

I think what Steve was trying to convey was if the directory does not exist, create it.

And

If the log file does not exist, create it > touch /var/log/dmrlink/dmrlink.log

set permissions on the file if needed

...mike/kb8jnm

On 1/3/2019 9:57 PM, Corey Dean N3FE wrote:
So it is telling you that it can’t wrote the log file.

'/var/log/dmrlink/dmrlink.log

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 9:21 PM Jason Johnston <kc5hwb@...> wrote:
Reinstalled OS - I am actually running Debian 9 now.
I ran the python install instructions above, then started on the instructions in Reply #2727
When running the DMRlink.py command, I get the following

root@DMRlink1:/opt/DMRlink# python dmrlink.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "dmrlink.py", line 1081, in <module>
    logger = config_logging(CONFIG['LOGGER'])
  File "/opt/DMRlink/ipsc/dmrlink_log.py", line 83, in config_logging
    'propagate': True,
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/config.py", line 794, in dictConfig
    dictConfigClass(config).configure()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/config.py", line 576, in configure
    '%r: %s' % (name, e))
ValueError: Unable to configure handler 'file': [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/log/dmrlink/dmrlink.log'