Re: "Pre-empt" all talkgroups?

David Andrzejewski KD8TWG

Actually. Looks like hang time is per network and not per talk group?

-- 

David Andrzejewski
E-mail/iMessage/Jabber: david@...
PGP Key ID: 5EBA8A72

On Jul 5, 2017, at 13:28, David Andrzejewski KD8TWG via Groups.Io <david@...> wrote:

... I think that is the answer I am looking for!

-- 

David Andrzejewski
E-mail/iMessage/Jabber: david@...
PGP Key ID: 5EBA8A72

On Jul 5, 2017, at 13:08, Peter M0NWI <peter-martin@...> wrote:

Would you not just set the hangtime for a super long time?

Peter

Sent from Outlook
From: DVSwitch@groups.io <DVSwitch@groups.io> on behalf of David Andrzejewski KD8TWG via Groups.Io <david@...>
Sent: 05 July 2017 16:45:44
To: DVSwitch@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] "Pre-empt" all talkgroups?

Well, I guess let me be more specific. Wondering if we can do that so it just locks out all the other talk groups from being brought in via DMRLink. The user would still be able to key up but it wouldn't get them anywhere. Sure, not the most user-friendly. But I'm thinking like if our local club wants to use a particular local talk group for a net, and doesn't want to be interrupted.

- Dave

July 5, 2017 11:41 AM, "Cort N0MJS" <n0mjs@...> wrote:
What you're suggesting would require sending a message back to the originating repeater to bonk the subscriber. Absolutely I believe Motorola has a way to do that, I just have no clue what it is, or if it's part of XCMP (likely). In this case, the programming isn't the hard part, it's figuring out what has to be sent.
0x49 DE N0MJS

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 5, 2017, at 9:20 AM, David Andrzejewski KD8TWG via Groups.Io <david@...> wrote:
Is there a way - in bridge or confbridge - to configure a talk group in a way that when a user keys up on it, that talk group has the time slot for a certain amount of time, and for that amount of time, no other talk group can be used on that slot, regardless of what other talk groups a user PTTs on? If not, is there a good reason to not have this? Otherwise, if I can find the time, I may be willing to fork the code and implement that feature myself.

- Dave/KD8TWG

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.