Re: DMR vs DSTAR

Vincenzo Salamone <it9cdu@...>

OK Steve,
now all the connections seems to work, but, no audio pass from dstar to dmr .... the transmission is MUTE. Maybe I need some AMBE codec to install ?

Il giorno lun 14 gen 2019 alle ore 19:58 Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> ha scritto:
The connection between MMDVM_Bridge to DMRGateway here is like this:

---
MMDVM_Bridge.ini

[DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=127.0.0.1
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=passw0rd
Slot1=1
Slot2=1
Debug=0

---
DMRGateway.ini

[General]
Timeout=10
# RFTimeout=10
# NetTimeout=7
RptAddress=127.0.0.1
RptPort=62032
LocalAddress=127.0.0.1
LocalPort=62031
RuleTrace=0
Daemon=0
Debug=0

I assume you're running both programs on the same machine, so all addresses will be loopback.

Steve KC1AWV

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 1:49 PM Vincenzo Salamone <it9cdu@...> wrote:
Thank's Steve,
XLX connection is ok now. Can you give me an example how to "Set MMDVM_Bridge to send its audio to DMRGateway" ?

tnx

Il giorno lun 14 gen 2019 alle ore 19:03 Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> ha scritto:
If you are connecting to XLX, I used DMRGateway as well as MMDVM_Bridge. In DMRGateway.ini, you can set the XLX Network stanza similar to this:

[XLX Network]
Enabled=1
File=/var/lib/mmdvm/XLXHosts.txt
Port=62030
Password=passw0rd
ReloadTime=60
Slot=2
TG=6
Base=64000
Startup=740
Relink=60
Debug=0
Id=
UserControl=1
Module=B

Of course, use your own DMR ID on the Id= line. Set MMDVM_Bridge to send its audio to DMRGateway.

Steve KC1AWV

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 12:57 PM Vincenzo Salamone <it9cdu@...> wrote:
Hi,
I want to bridge DMR to an XLX module, I understand that I can use the DVSwitch tools and MMDVM_Bridge. I have to create 2 instances of MMDVM_Bridge but I don't understand how connect to a specific module of XLX one instance of MMDVM_Bridge.
Anyone ca help me to better understand?
thank's

73 de IT9CDU

--