Re: DMR vs DSTAR

Vincenzo Salamone <it9cdu@...>

Ok, so I need necessarily some hardware for transcode DMR--->Dstar and viceversa?

Il giorno lun 14 gen 2019 alle ore 22:33 Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> ha scritto:
In my case, I run ambed on a server at home, separate from my XLX server that's in a data center. The ambed service (included with xlxd) runs the transcoding for D-Star <-> DMR for the XLX server. In order to achieve transcoding, some DV3000 dongles are attached to the ambed server.

This setup is a bit more advanced/customized, since I have services running on separate servers. Also, we're talking more along the lines of xlxd now, which is out of scope for the DVSwitch group.

Steve KC1AWV

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 4:04 PM Vincenzo Salamone <it9cdu@...> wrote:
OK Steve,
now all the connections seems to work, but, no audio pass from dstar to dmr .... the transmission is MUTE. Maybe I need some AMBE codec to install ?

Il giorno lun 14 gen 2019 alle ore 19:58 Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> ha scritto:
The connection between MMDVM_Bridge to DMRGateway here is like this:

---
MMDVM_Bridge.ini

[DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=127.0.0.1
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=passw0rd
Slot1=1
Slot2=1
Debug=0

---
DMRGateway.ini

[General]
Timeout=10
# RFTimeout=10
# NetTimeout=7
RptAddress=127.0.0.1
RptPort=62032
LocalAddress=127.0.0.1
LocalPort=62031
RuleTrace=0
Daemon=0
Debug=0

I assume you're running both programs on the same machine, so all addresses will be loopback.

Steve KC1AWV

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 1:49 PM Vincenzo Salamone <it9cdu@...> wrote:
Thank's Steve,
XLX connection is ok now. Can you give me an example how to "Set MMDVM_Bridge to send its audio to DMRGateway" ?

tnx

Il giorno lun 14 gen 2019 alle ore 19:03 Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> ha scritto:
If you are connecting to XLX, I used DMRGateway as well as MMDVM_Bridge. In DMRGateway.ini, you can set the XLX Network stanza similar to this:

[XLX Network]
Enabled=1
File=/var/lib/mmdvm/XLXHosts.txt
Port=62030
Password=passw0rd
ReloadTime=60
Slot=2
TG=6
Base=64000
Startup=740
Relink=60
Debug=0
Id=
UserControl=1
Module=B

Of course, use your own DMR ID on the Id= line. Set MMDVM_Bridge to send its audio to DMRGateway.

Steve KC1AWV

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 12:57 PM Vincenzo Salamone <it9cdu@...> wrote:
Hi,
I want to bridge DMR to an XLX module, I understand that I can use the DVSwitch tools and MMDVM_Bridge. I have to create 2 instances of MMDVM_Bridge but I don't understand how connect to a specific module of XLX one instance of MMDVM_Bridge.
Anyone ca help me to better understand?
thank's

73 de IT9CDU

--