Re: "Pre-empt" all talkgroups?

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

'WORLDWIDE': [
{'SYSTEM': 'K4USD', 'TS': 1, 'TGID': 1, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
{'SYSTEM': 'REPEATER', 'TS': 1, 'TGID': 1, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 15, 'TO_TYPE': ‘OFF', 'ON': [], 'OFF': [60]},
],
'NORTHAMERICA': [
{'SYSTEM': 'K4USD', 'TS': 1, 'TGID': 3, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
{'SYSTEM': 'REPEATER', 'TS': 1, 'TGID': 3, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 15, 'TO_TYPE': ‘OFF', 'ON': [], 'OFF': [60]},
],

On both conference bridges, the line for repeater is the same:

The way you had 2 minute timeouts and using the same TGID to enable that voice traffic is on is mostly superfluous. To say that I want this group to be on, timeout every 2 minutes, but then turn back on when there’s traffic is the same thing as just leaving it on. So let’s just get rid of that…. and then...

Change the TO_TYPE to OFF and the Timeout to 15 minutes. Now, traffic on TS1, TGID60 will cause REPEATER to be disconnected from both WORLDWIDE and NORTHAMERICA and stay that way for 15 minutes. At the end of 15 minutes, REPEATER will be reconnected to NORTHAMERCIA and WORLDWIDE.

If you want traffic from REPEATER to turn them back on, then enter the TGID you want to use to do that into the ON section….

'WORLDWIDE': [
{'SYSTEM': 'K4USD', 'TS': 1, 'TGID': 1, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
{'SYSTEM': 'REPEATER', 'TS': 1, 'TGID': 1, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 15, 'TO_TYPE': ‘OFF', 'ON': [1,], 'OFF': [60]},
],
'NORTHAMERICA': [
{'SYSTEM': 'K4USD', 'TS': 1, 'TGID': 3, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
{'SYSTEM': 'REPEATER', 'TS': 1, 'TGID': 3, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 15, 'TO_TYPE': ‘OFF', 'ON': [3,], 'OFF': [60]},
],

Note – that means that traffic FROM REPEATER, TS1/TGID3 (NORTHAMERICA example) will reconnect REPEATER to NORTHAMERICA. Traffic from K4USD will not.

On Jul 5, 2017, at 9:18 PM, David Andrzejewski KD8TWG via Groups.Io <david@...> wrote:

Yeah I realized that shortly after I sent it. Basically, what I'm trying to accomplish is that when someone keys up on talkgroup 60, I want that to have exclusive access to that time slot and lock everything else out for a set period of time, while still keeping everything else PTT-activated.

- Dave

On 7/5/17 9:54 PM, Cort N0MJS wrote:
I’ll shove some stuff inline here.

On Jul 5, 2017, at 3:21 PM, David Andrzejewski KD8TWG via Groups.Io <david@...> wrote:

No problem, I'm sure I'm the one who sounds like an ass ;)

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how this will work. Okay, so here's my config for time slot 1:

'SIXTY': [
{'SYSTEM': 'REPEATER', 'TS': 1, 'TGID': 60, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 15, 'TO_TYPE': 'ON', 'ON': [60,], 'OFF': []},
],

The above does nothing. It defines a “conference bridge” (my name for it) named “SIXTY", but only has one member, so there’s nothing to bridge to or from… it’s like dialing into a phone conference bridge and being the only one there.

'WORLDWIDE': [
{'SYSTEM': 'K4USD', 'TS': 1, 'TGID': 1, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},

K4USD will always be connected to the "conference bridge" named “WORLDWIDE”. It’s set ACTIVE on startup (initially on), and will time out in 2 minutes, but there’s no timeout action, so the timeout is ignored. There are no TGIDs to activate it or deactivate it, so it’s just going to always be connected.

{'SYSTEM': 'REPEATER', 'TS': 1, 'TGID': 1, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'ON', 'ON': [1,], 'OFF': [60]},
],

REPEATER will be connected to the “conference bridge” named “WORLDWIDE” on startup, and timeout after 2 minutes. Any traffic on TGID 1 will turn it back and/or reset the 2 minute timer on un-key. Traffic on TGID 60 will disconnect REPEATER from WORLDWIDE on un-key.

'NORTHAMERICA': [
{'SYSTEM': 'K4USD', 'TS': 1, 'TGID': 3, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},

K4USD will always be connected to NORTHAMERICA. It’s et to be active on startup, timeout doesn’t matter since the timeout action is none.

{'SYSTEM': 'REPEATER', 'TS': 1, 'TGID': 3, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'ON', 'ON': [3,], 'OFF': [60]},
],

REPEATER will be connected to the “conference bridge” named “NORTHAMERICA” on startup, and timeout after 2 minutes. Any traffic on TGID 3 will turn it back and/or reset the 2 minute timer on un-key. Traffic on TGID 60 will disconnect REPEATER from NORTHAMERICA on un-key.

So in this case, a user keying up on talk group 60 will cause WW and NA to shut off immediately. Now, I have the timeout set to 15 for talk group 60. Does this mean that talk group 60 will be exclusive for the next 15 minutes after the last user keys up on it, regardless of whether someone keys up on WW or NA during that time? This is what I'm trying to accomplish. I do not want WW or NA to be full-time talk groups, they need to remain PTT-only.

Logic error – you created another conference bridge named SIXTY. Everything going on with SIXTY is exclusive from what’s happening on WORLDWIDE and NORTHAMERICA. Conference bridges are all independent from each other.

If you only created the conference bridge “SIXTY” to try to make that TGID have exclusive access to the timeslot, tell me and I’ll try to write this for you in a way that’ll get what you want. If not, and there’s just something else missing from SIXTY, add it in and I can re-evaluate, but like I said, as of now, SIXTY is essentially meaningless since it’s a conference bridge with one member – kinda like clapping with one hand? (my attempt at humor).

0x49 DE N0MJS

- Dave

July 5, 2017 4:12 PM, "Cort N0MJS" <n0mjs@...> wrote:
David,
Right.. The TGID you want to have exclusive rights is a trigger to turn all others off. Isn’t that what you meant by "configure a talk group in a way that when a user keys up on it, that talk group has the time slot for a certain amount of time, and for that amount of time, no other talk group can be used on that slot, regardless of what other talk groups a user PTTs on”?
I don’t quote you to sound like an ass, but to try and figure out what about this doesn’t solve that requirement – key up on a TGID, then that TGID has exclusive access for a period of time? That says to me, use that TGID to trigger turning all others off for the specified time? No?
On Jul 5, 2017, at 2:55 PM, David Andrzejewski KD8TWG via Groups.Io <david@...> wrote:
Ah, but in that kind of configuration, those talk groups would be on all the time, *except* when any of the "off" talk groups are activated, right?

What about talk groups that use a TO_TYPE of "ON"?
--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501

--