Re: Help linking P25 to DMR

Steve N4IRS

No, I worded it wrong. it's a single MMDVM_Bridge.ini and a single DVSwitch.ini

On 1/15/19 6:24 PM, mike@... wrote:

Here's what I have.
I'm guessing i need two copies of the DVSwitch.ini based on your request. I have unique executables and bridge.ini files for P25 and DMR, but not DVSwitch.ini's... 'D'oh.

Analog_Bridge_DMR
[AMBE_AUDIO]
server = 127.0.0.1
fromDMRPort = 31100
toDMRPort = 31103
ambeMode = DMR
minTxTimeMS = 2000
gatewayDmrId = 0
repeaterID = 0
txTg = 31079
txTs = 0
colorCode = 1

DVSwitch.ini DMR Stanza
[DMR]
Address = 127.0.0.1
TXPort = 31100
RXPort = 31103
Slot = 2

Analog_Bridge_P25.ini
[AMBE_AUDIO]
server = 127.0.0.1
fromDMRPort = 31103
toDMRPort = 31100
ambeMode = P25
minTxTimeMS = 2000
gatewayDmrId = 0
repeaterID = 0
txTg = 927
txTs = 0
colorCode = 1

DVSwitch.ini P25 Stanza
[P25]
Address = 127.0.0.1
TXPort = 31103
RXPort = 31100
Slot = 2

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 3:06 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
On the DMR side, show me the DVSwitch.ini [DMR] stanza
On the DMR side, show me the Analog_Bridge.ini [AMBE_AUDIO] stanza

On the P25 side, show me the DVSwitch.ini [P25] stanza
On the P25 side, show me the Analog_Bridge.ini [AMBE_AUDIO] stanza

Just those 4 stanzas (for now)

Steve

On 1/15/19 5:58 PM, mike@... wrote:
That is correct - but only one instance of MMDVM_Bridge.

73, Mike - N6MIK

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 2:51 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
I see a lot of this in the log: "P25, got AMBE/DSAMBE (TAG=7) and expected IMBE (change to 88 bits)" - Not sure how to address?
You have 2 instances of Analog_Bridge. One is configured for DMR (that is connected to the MMDVM_Bridge connecting to BM) and one is configured for P25 (That is connected to MMDVM_Bridge configured for P24)
Is this correct?

Steve

On 1/15/19 5:43 PM, mike@... wrote:
I think I've got everything running but could use some clarification on two things:

I see P25 and DMR traffic in the MMDVM_bridge log, and the P25Gateway is connected to the reflector, however I'm not getting any cross-connections.

- Do the P25 and DMR talkgroups need to match? In my current config, they do not. Could this be a factor?

- I see a lot of this in the log: "P25, got AMBE/DSAMBE (TAG=7) and expected IMBE (change to 88 bits)" - Not sure how to address?

Thanks!
Mike - N6MIK

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 8:13 PM <mike@...> wrote:
Thanks Steve. I'll grab those components and start experimenting!

I have an existing P25Reflector that connects a couple of MMDVM repeaters (primarily P25 users) and wish to bridge a talk group with one on Brandmeister.

I'm going to try this on a R-pi 3b+; do you think that's going to be robust enough to run everything?

73,
Mike - N6MIK

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 7:58 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Mike,
Yes you will need those things also. here is a basic diagram:
P25Reflector <-> P25Gateway <-> MMDVM_Bridge <-> Analog_Bridge <-> Analog_Bridge <-> MMDVM_Bridge <-> DMR Master (BM, HB etc)
You will need 2 instances of Analog_Bridge
The 2 MMDVM_Bridges can be done as one instance.

The question is, what exactly are you trying to bridge? That will tell us more about the ends of the bridge.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 1/14/19 10:51 PM, mike@... wrote:
Hey all,

I'm brand new to the group, but have been experimenting with DMR and P25 for a while. I am looking to build a bridge between P25 and DMR, and have found just enough to confuse me on the 'web. :)

It looks like I'll need MMDVM_Bridge for sure - but I am unclear what other components I need. I have also seen a post (possibly outdated) that talks about needing gateways, reflectors and a couple of analog bridges... but something is telling me that may not be the case.

Am I on the right track? Any pointers are appreciated!

Thanks and 73,
Mike - N6MIK