Re: Cannot get P25Reflector installed

Steve N4IRS

So,
Yes, you need P25Gateway with MMDVM_Bridge. When you run the Reflector in Daemon mode it does not run as root. If I remember it want to run as user mmdvmuser. mmdvmuser does not have rights in the /var/log/mmdvm directory.
You should be able to test by moving the log dir to /tmp.

Steve

On 1/19/19 2:03 PM, Skyler Fennell wrote:
I am currently not running P25Gateway. Do I need to run this to run the reflector?

When Daemon is set to 0, I don't get the log error message anymore and it seems to run fine.

Also, I noticed on line 155 here, they make the error say P25Gateway for the log file failing even on p25reflector.

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 11:59 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
So, I see you running P25Reflector but the error is from the Gateway

On 1/19/19 1:57 PM, Skyler Fennell wrote:

root@stn3764:/opt/P25Clients/P25Reflector# ./P25Reflector P25Reflector.ini

root@stn3764:/opt/P25Clients/P25Reflector# P25Gateway: unable to open the log file

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 11:57 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Please post the error.

On 1/19/19 1:55 PM, Skyler Fennell wrote:
The log directory does exist. I have it set to
/var/log/mmdvm in P25Reflector.ini and this definitely exists because other programs like MMDVM_Bridge are successfully writing logs here. I still get the error that it is unable to open the log file ...

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 8:26 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Create the log directory pointed to in P25Reflector.ini and retest.

Steve N4IRS

On 1/17/19 10:23 PM, Skyler Fennell wrote:
I am attempting to get P25Reflector working on my Debian Linux VPS Machine. I have the DVSwitch repository installed on the box.

When I try to install the reflector through apt-get, I cannot run the file and I get a libsdc dependency error
 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./P25Gateway)
I have tried to fix the GLIBCXX error by upgrading all packages but I cannot get it to work and it shows the latest version as 3.4.20.

When I try to install the reflector from the source code, it will not even start up and claims it cannot open the log file. The directory does exist.
root@stn3764:/opt/P25Clients/P25Reflector# P25Gateway: unable to open the log file

I am running Debian on Kernel 3.16.0-4-amd64 and cannot update the Kernel, which seems to be a recommendation to fix the GLIBXX error. Lat time I updated the kernel, I broke asterisk, which I am also running on the server.

Let me know what the next is step I can to try to get P25Reflector working on my machine.

Thank You,

Skyler