Re: If you use HBlink OR dmr_utils, you need to read this

Spencer N4NQV

Cort,

I just migrated our group's server to hblink3 a couple days ago (using bridge.py now in place of the old confbridge). Everything seems to be working well at the moment. We're currently using HBmonitor as well, though we'll have to figure something else out when we migrate to the asyncio version. I have a few questions/topics of discussion about the python3/hblink3 migration:

1) I noticed a commit on a branch of HBlink a couple weeks ago fixing an LC generation bug for OpenBridge connections where there's also a TG translation. We do this in our current setup, and had issues with the old HBlink(2) not sending all voice traffic properly via OpenBridge. I never got to the bottom of what the issue actually was, but I suspect it had to to with the outbound voice traffic having the wrong TG number.  UDP packet logs showed the voice traffic getting sent to Brandmeister, but I never dumped the actual packet contents when we were having issues, so I can't verify.

Do you know whether this commit actually fixed the bug, and will a patch be made to hblink3 as well? Didn't look like it had been made the last time I glanced at the source.

2) What needs to be done to get the asyncio version of hblink3 to a usable point? I'm definitely interested in getting migrated over to asyncio soon. I'm developing a few cool new features for our repeaters that rely heavily on HBlink (and some user presence/private call routing additions), and the asyncio version will make it a lot simpler for me to develop in.

3) I also started a project for a monitoring system recently, one that ties into MMDVMHost to send JSON formatted repeater status messages (transmit status, last call info, etc) from all our repeaters to a central MQTT broker, where it's aggregated, logged, and (eventually will be) distributed to browsers. Sounds like it's right up the alley of how the new HBmonitor replacement is going to work. I wouldn't mind helping out with some of the software development.

Thanks,

Spencer Fowler

N4NQV