Re: Beta testing of DummyRepeater for ASL

Steve N4IRS

It looks like it is going to work. I am running bridge from D-Star to DMR as a test. It is receive only. You can listen to the traffic on BM TG 311222 and ASL 2600.
I'll keep everybody informed.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 07/08/2017 11:53 PM, David KE6UPI wrote:
Good news. It sounds like the USB powered hub solves the ThumbDV problem?

David
KE6UPI

--
Thanks, David

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
Thomas Jefferson

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 5:28 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
I moved the ThumbDV to a powered hub. When I ran the confidence test with 100,000 iterations it passed. So, I have both DMR and D-Star running on a Raspberry Pi2. Both Vocoders are running from AMBEserver (different ports)
The ASL config is 1 public node and 2 private nodes. I switch for one private node to the other depending on the desired mode. I have to say, the Pi is not breaking a sweat. ;)