Re: Master Server.

Lito - WI6Y

If I understand you correctly, this is sufficient enough. I will be using a hosted server in a datacenter.

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io <n0mjs@...>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 12:01 PM
To: main@dvswitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Master Server.

It can only use one CPU core, so multiple cores don’t help. If you’re gonna have one core, make it a fast one. 10x more storage than you need. Easily get by on half the RAM.

On Jan 23, 2019, at 1:59 PM, Roselito de los Reyes <Tolitski@...> wrote:

I was wondering if these specs are sufficient enough

2GB RAM
1CPU Core
50GB SSD Storage
2TB Transfer
40Gbps Network In
2000Mbps Network Out

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Roselito de los Reyes <Tolitski@...>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 11:56 AM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Cc: Steve N4IRS
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Master Server.

Hi Cort, 

more like scenario # 2.

73, Lito WI6Y

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io <n0mjs@...>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 11:36 AM
To: main@dvswitch.groups.io
Cc: Steve N4IRS

It depends entirely on how many repeaters and how many uplinks… how many TGIDs will have slot and TGID transcoded, etc.

Give me an idea of what you’re trying to achieve…. A few repeaters with no uplink would run on one core of a raspberry pi without breaking a sweat…. 50 repeaters with 15 transcoded TGIDs would be a very different story.

On Jan 23, 2019, at 1:33 PM, Roselito de los Reyes <Tolitski@...> wrote:

In your experience what would be the minimum specs for HBlink to be happy?

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 11:28 AM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io

Yes,
HBlink will act as a server for MMDVM based repeaters and hotspots. 

On 1/23/2019 2:27 PM, Roselito de los Reyes wrote:
I tried applying for a master server for our group. It seems like the procedure is like Evel Knievel doing jumping jacks while doing his motorcycle jumps. Is there a way I can use the DVSwitch applications to run my own server where all the repeaters dedicated to a specific talkgroup/reflector can connect to? 

Lito WI6Y

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.