Re: HB_Bridge Migration

Jon K1IMD

JJC, that is interesting.  I wonder how you blended the two applications being that he run in different languages.

Steve, that sounds great!  I know many c-Bridge ops that support hotspot connections would like some of the new features and speed of Python3.  For what I do it does not matter that much except that hblink is going on life support.

73
Jon
K1IMD

On 1/24/2019 13:23, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Jon,
Mike and I have discussed it somewhat. Keeping the ability to bridge IPSC <-> HB is still important.

Steve

On 1/24/2019 1:05 PM, Jon K1IMD wrote:
Steve & Group,
With Cort's announcement of EOL of hblink will there be any migration of HB_Bridge with hblink3?

The reason I ask is that I (and many others I believe) we have a number of ISPC_Bridge<->HB_Bridge to connect mmdvm repeaters to c-Bridges.  In my case I am not doing any TGID translations or remapping presently and I assume that hblink should run fine for the foreseeable future.  However, it would be nice to take advantage of some of the features in hblink3 at some point in the future directly verses perhaps daisy chaining hblink<->hblink3.

73
Jon
K1IMD