Re: P25 Reflector

you may need to make the mmdvm account owner like this:
sudo mkdir /var/log/P25Reflector
sudo chown mmdvm /var/log/P25Reflector

depending on where your log files write.

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 2:42 PM Oren K5LPD <ohaydel@...> wrote:
Ok Steve, I am getting somewhere.  When I attempt to run ./P25Reflector P25Reflector.ini I get an error message stating:
P25Gateway: unable to open the log file

Not sure why it is referencing the Gateway?  Let me ask you this, what is the correct procedure to compile the P25Reflector?  After I navigated to the directory I believe I ran ./make or something similar.  Did I do that right?

Also, is there somewhere where I need to enter my Callsign etc?

Thanks for the help.

Oren

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 11:38 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Oren,
You do not need P25Gateway to run a reflector. Compile P25Reflector. copy the P25Reflector program and P25Reflector.ini file to another directory. I put everything in /opt so create /opt/P25Reflector and copy the files in.
Edit P25Reflector.ini and set Daemon=0
You can now run the reflector with ./P25Reflector P25Reflector.ini

Once you have that working you will need to add the reflector to each of your CLIENT computers in the P25Hosts.txt file. Again this is on the client. Pi-Star has a different procedure.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 1/29/2019 12:24 PM, Oren K5LPD wrote:
Has anyone made a walk-through on configuring and setting up a P25 Reflector?  I thought I had a better handle on this, but it is kicking my butt.  I have cloned the P25Clients repository, and can look at the P25Gateway.ini file but I really have no clue on what to setup and how.  When I try to run ./P25Gateway it says it cannot read the .ini file.  Can anyone help with a copy of their config files?  Also how to run the programs.  For a standalone P25 Reflector, am I only needing P25Reflector and P25Gateway?  I obtained another DMR repeater ID as I was told I needed one.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have read the documentation for DVSwitch, but it appears to start above my experience level.

Thanks,
Oren K5LPD