ircddbgateway install command line only

Skyler Fennell

I am currently in the process of ASL <--> DSTAR.

I've been pulling my hair out this weekend attempting to install ircDDBGateway as part of the bridge. I have no GUI available on my server, and don't want to run the extra resources to put a desktop environment on it.

I have grabbed the source code from the following github link:

I then used these instructions to compile:

Including the configure without using GUI followed by make and make install.
./configure --without-gui
make
make install

After this, I have performed a deep search on the system attempting to find the config files and what to run, however, I am unable to find anything except programs complaining that I need to have a display.

root@stn3764:/# /usr/local/bin/ircddbgatewayconfig
11:13:09: Error: Unable to initialize GTK+, is DISPLAY set properly?

I have searched the whole system for any plain text file with the keywords ircddbgateway that looks like a config file, but have not found anything.

Does anybody here have any suggestions on running ircddbgateway on a server with NO GUI?

Thank You
Skyler KG0SKY