From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Russell, KV4S <russelljthomas@...>
Sent: Friday, February 8, 2019 10:36:49 PM
To: main@dvswitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] dvswitch.ini multiple instances

I understand what you are saying. the directories make the difference not the file names. I've tried it with just distinct folder names then renaming the files in the folders, I've tried it both ways.

What OS are you using?

What I'm experiencing goes against how I think it's supposed to work and even what you are saying.

I've mainly been experimenting with a personl bridge on a PI where i have different talk groups linked to different private nodes and one DMR to YSF bridge.
I'm changing the ports in the dvswitch.inis like I should be no port duplication on what's being used.
I'm thinking something is conflicting. For example i downloaded an mmdvm ini from a server i worked on from someone else. I had it in the home directory.
i coped it to where the program is running modified it for what I needed but when the node logged into brandmeister it kept trying to talk on the TG that was listed in the home directories ini not where i was telling it mmdvm's ini? does that make sense? Also, i made my talk group static set it in brandmeister dashboard but it was making a dynamic tg to the other bridge in the cloud that had nothing to do with what was on the pi other that the ini i downloaded was in the /home directory.
when i deleted the home directories ini and restarted mmdvm that problem with the dashboard went away.
I'm making copies of everything, mmdvm, analog, and md380 each instance is in a unique folder, each file has a unique name except the dvswitch.ini.
same goes for all the services. I have the md380 on different ports as well.
I'm not saying it's perfect but I feel like I've done a pretty good job of making sure evething is setup like it should be. this conflict with audio and the bm dashboad is making me thing maybe there is a bug going on somewhere? maybe it's something weird with the PI OS?

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 9:20 PM Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I'll give you an example,

I have two DMR connections, one for BM and one for XLX.

I have two folders, /opt/MMDVM_Bridge-BM and /opt/MMDVM_Bridge-XLX

In the service files, mmdvm_bridge-bm.service has a WorkingDirectory=/opt/MMDVM_Bridge-BM and the system runs the DVSwitch.ini file in that folder for my BM setup
And, mmdvm_bridge-xlx.service has a WorkingDirectory=/opt/MMDVM_Bridge-XLX and the system runs the DVSwitch.ini file in that folder for my XLX setup.

I didn't have to rename files, just the folders.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019, 10:09 PM Steve KC1AWV <smiller@... wrote:
If you copy all the MMDVM_Bridge files from one folder to another, you do not need to rename any of the files. Just rename the folders. In the service files, changing the WorkingDirectory line to the folder you renamed, it will make the system run the DVSwitch.ini file in that folder.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019, 7:44 PM Russell, KV4S <russelljthomas@... wrote:
Steve,

thanks for the response, yes i'm making new service files and naming them accordingly and changing the contents to reflect the new paths.

my question is around the dvswitch.ini file if i make a dvswitch_TGXXXX.ini
how do i tell mmdvm_bridge to use it.

if i simply rename it the log shows unable to fine dvswitch.ini

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 5:17 PM Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:
 - I'm thinking i need to make my DVSwitch.ini unique on the other instaces as well but i don't know how to do it for the environment variable?

Correct. You will also have to make a copy of the existing mmdvm_bridge.service file in /lib/systemd/system with a new name (like mmdvm_bridge-tgxxxxx) and change the line

WorkingDirectory=/opt/MMDVM_Bridge

to reflect the folder name for the unique instance of MMDVM_Bridge for it to read the correct DVSwitch.ini file. Then, start the new service using the new name you gave the copied service file.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 5:24 PM Russell, KV4S <russelljthomas@...> wrote:
Bueller? ;)

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019, 2:26 PM Russell, KV4S via Groups.Io <russelljthomas=gmail.com@groups.io wrote:
I need some help I've been experiences audio disappearing whenever I try setting up multiple instances of MMDVM. It works fine when using one instance but when I add a second or more that's when the issue appears. I've been duplicating the MMDVM_Bridge folder and calling it MMDVM_Bridge_TGXXXX. In the duplicated folder I make the program and ini also represent the name changed.

However the DVSwitch.ini remains the same.

after seeing this in the comments

; MMDVM_Bridge export / import configuration file.
;   This file should be placed along side of MMDVM_Bridge or it can be
;   supplied as a path on the MMDVM_BRIDGE environment variable.

I'm thinking i need to make my DVSwitch.ini unique on the other instaces as well but i don't know how to do it for the environment variable?

would it be added in the mmdvm_bridge_TGXXXX service file somewhere?

any suggestions?

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV