Re: dvswitch.ini multiple instances

Steve N4IRS

In the service file (actually systemd unit file, also edit the execute line with the proper path to the executable and ini file.

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...>
Sent: Friday, February 8, 2019 10:09:19 PM
To: main@dvswitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] dvswitch.ini multiple instances

If you copy all the MMDVM_Bridge files from one folder to another, you do not need to rename any of the files. Just rename the folders. In the service files, changing the WorkingDirectory line to the folder you renamed, it will make the system run the DVSwitch.ini file in that folder.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019, 7:44 PM Russell, KV4S <russelljthomas@... wrote:
Steve,

thanks for the response, yes i'm making new service files and naming them accordingly and changing the contents to reflect the new paths.

my question is around the dvswitch.ini file if i make a dvswitch_TGXXXX.ini
how do i tell mmdvm_bridge to use it.

if i simply rename it the log shows unable to fine dvswitch.ini

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 5:17 PM Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:
 - I'm thinking i need to make my DVSwitch.ini unique on the other instaces as well but i don't know how to do it for the environment variable?

Correct. You will also have to make a copy of the existing mmdvm_bridge.service file in /lib/systemd/system with a new name (like mmdvm_bridge-tgxxxxx) and change the line

WorkingDirectory=/opt/MMDVM_Bridge

to reflect the folder name for the unique instance of MMDVM_Bridge for it to read the correct DVSwitch.ini file. Then, start the new service using the new name you gave the copied service file.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 5:24 PM Russell, KV4S <russelljthomas@...> wrote:
Bueller? ;)

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019, 2:26 PM Russell, KV4S via Groups.Io <russelljthomas=gmail.com@groups.io wrote:
I need some help I've been experiences audio disappearing whenever I try setting up multiple instances of MMDVM. It works fine when using one instance but when I add a second or more that's when the issue appears. I've been duplicating the MMDVM_Bridge folder and calling it MMDVM_Bridge_TGXXXX. In the duplicated folder I make the program and ini also represent the name changed.

However the DVSwitch.ini remains the same.

after seeing this in the comments

; MMDVM_Bridge export / import configuration file.
;   This file should be placed along side of MMDVM_Bridge or it can be
;   supplied as a path on the MMDVM_BRIDGE environment variable.

I'm thinking i need to make my DVSwitch.ini unique on the other instaces as well but i don't know how to do it for the environment variable?

would it be added in the mmdvm_bridge_TGXXXX service file somewhere?

any suggestions?

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV