Re: USB Audio on Raspberry Pi

Apostolos Kefalas <sv1ljj@...>

Hello Mike,

IOError: [Errno -9997] Invalid sample rate
it seems to me that the usb audio device, can not work at the 8Khz
sampling rate.

Maybe try another usb audio dongle.

Apostolos

On Fri, 2019-03-08 at 13:28 -0800, Mike AE4ML wrote:
[Edited Message Follows]
I pulled out a new SD card , I haven't done anything with as far as
audio goes.
I have the dvswitch  programs installed.
tested aplay -l and arec -l and set the correct setting in
/etc/asound.conf
tested playing a wav file through the usb sound card
Both of these worked

aplay test.wav
and
speaker-test -D sysdefault:CARD=1

When I ran USRPAudio.py I go t one error and that was for pyaudio.
So , I loaded python-pyaudio  and python3-pyaudio
now the screen is riddled with the error I reported earlier.
--
... if you get into RF you’ll spend your days staring at test equipment
wondering why nothing works.