Re: Trying to setup a basic 'Parrot', however hb_confbridge.py is not matching the RADIO_ID

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

Your configuration does not require running hblink.py at all. You only need parrot and hb_confbridge.py. I don’t have the time right now to write it all up, but as you’re modifying code and going to submit a PR based on not using the existing code correctly, I felt I should post something to stop you before you go to more unnecessary trouble.

hb_confbridge.py calls and uses everything hblink.py does and is…. it *adds* functionality, to hblink.py, so there’s no need to run a copy of each.

On Jul 13, 2017, at 7:37 PM, Matthew 2E0SIP <groups.io@...> wrote:

I switched to the HB_Bridge branch and it performed a little better, in that hb_confbridge was relaying the frames to the parrot, however the parrot was still ignoring them.

I did some digging and found this was due to the fact that hb_confbridge was relaying the frames with the Radio_ID of hblink, rather than that of the Parrots 'client', so they were dropped.

I've resolved it by re-writing the RADIO_ID of the frame is being relayed to a master. I will submit a PR in due course, however I think I must be missing something as I'm surprised this hasn't picked up in the past.

Is it unusual / unsupported for conf_bridge to bridge two Masters?

Thanks
Matthew
2E0SIP

--