Re: Trying to setup a basic 'Parrot', however hb_confbridge.py is not matching the RADIO_ID

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

Mathew,

Good point. I did it that way to obfuscate the origin of the traffic to an upstream Network.

Let's not just change it, but make it a configurable option to either masquerade or preserve the source ID.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 13, 2017, at 8:01 PM, Matthew 2E0SIP <groups.io@...> wrote:

Hi Both,

Richard - Thanks for sending your diagram, it helps to see things 'visually'

Cort - Thanks for the heads up. Now that you've mentioned it, its obvious that MMDVM clients could connect straight to hb_confbridge. Doh!

The code change adds about 5 lines, so not much is lost if it turns out to be unnecessary - although there may be a use case for my change.

We can pick this up when you get time - I'm in no huge rush.

Thanks again for your help,

Matthew
2E0SIP